At this week's doctors appointment our baby's heart rate was 150. It was pretty uneventful UNTIL my Doc leaked that she had test results revealing the sex of the baby!!! I started to cry because Scott wasn't there but I really wanted to know. So we conferenced called Scott in and Doc told us we were having a girl!! The whole office started clapping, I cried again and Scott was in shock!! By lunchtime Scott and I were able to meet up and come up with a plan to tell the Grandparents. We would have pink flowers with a "It's a girl" balloon delivered to their work/home. My sister, Jackie was super helpful in helping me contact all the right florists and help with addresses. (Yes, Jackie got the first call again. She is my calm voice)
Once we had the plan in action we just had to wait for the Grandparents to call. Of course my mother wanted to know how the appt. went but I couldn't tell her until she returned to her office to get her flowers. And when she did, Scott and I both we able to talk to her. Grandpa Dean was next, a large bouquet of pink arrived to his building and he had to walk it through the entire plant for everyone to see. We anxiously waited for a call from Grandpa and Grandma B but the Canadian florist was unsuccessful, poor guy- I think I called him 5 times. Their flowers arrived the next day and the mission was complete. Luckily Lisa and the girls were there for the surprise too.
We are so excited and already thinking of names and looking at cribs, etc. Pink never looked so good!!
Oh, happy day.... a beautiful little precious girl. What a delightful gift.
ReplyDelete